Wednesday, September 28, 2005

Become What You Believe

Mt. 9:27 - 31 (The Message Bible) As Jesus left the house, he was followed by two blind men crying out, "Mercy, Son of David! Mercy on us!" 28When Jesus got home, the blind men went in with him. Jesus said to them, "Do you really believe I can do this?" They said, "Why, yes, Master!"

29He touched their eyes and said, "Become what you believe." 30It happened. They saw. Then Jesus became very stern. "Don't let a soul know how this happened." 31But they were hardly out the door before they started blabbing it to everyone they met.


This was in my reading this morning and the words “become what you believe” hit me right in the face. I carried these words into my prayer time asking God to help me to “become what I believed” and I realized that is exactly what I am; what I believe myself to be, that is.

WHAM! I realized that I am not all I could be for God simply because I do not believe myself to be who He says I am in Him. I need to shift what I believe to line up with who God says I am.

Then my prayer shifted because I was saying what I really need is a renewed mind. A mind that will see me as God sees me and as He defines me in His word. If I see myself from His perspective then I will believe myself to be those things because by faith I can claim them. In believing them, I shall become them.

As I become … I will finally be what God has chosen me to be: a daughter to my heavenly father, a woman of faith, an overcomer, a soldier of the cross, a soul winner, a teacher, a helper, a healer, a woman filled with promise, a joy filled soul, a woman at peace.

I don’t want to miss out here, see. I want to believe all these things, but I still see myself as the gal struggling to make ends meet, walking a little lopsided through my days and hoping that in the end all will come out right. I’m living on the wrong side of the promise. Today I choose to believe what God says about me. Today I choose to become what I believe and I choose to believe myself to be the child of promise defined in the Word.

I can’t do this in myself, mind you. I can do this only with His help as He renews my mind. A new mind, a new picture of me, a new me as I believe and beome the better me I can be through Him.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home