Wednesday, August 31, 2005

Good Things: Part Deux

Well, when I blogged about my experience yesterday I mentioned that I went to work with a plan to fix things. As it turned out I didn’t have the opportunity to put any of my plan into action because events began occurring almost immediately upon my arrival. I felt I had to give props to the good Lord for working things out so neatly so this morning in my devotions I again thanked him for resolving my issues so nicely.

“uh-hmmmmm” He said.

“I was really ready with a plan,” I told Him, “but thanks to you, I didn’t have to jump in feet first and try to fix anything. That was really cool. Thanks.”

“hmmmmmmmmmmmm, yes” He said.

“Oh, dear. I was really going to muck things up, wasn’t I?”

“Uh-huh” He smiled.

“Well, anyway, thanks for heading me off at the pass before I got any of MY plan put into action. I really didn’t need to learn that lesson again. That was good of you to help out and overlook my impatience.”

“You’re welcome”

“And I don’t know exactly how this was all blending in together, except well, it all seemed to work out nicely. It’s good to be reminded that you love me and are interested in even the small events in my life.”

“Anne, you’ve never had a problem turning over your small things to me” my Heavenly Father reminded me. “When are you going to learn to trust me with the Big things in your life?”

“Uh, Well, don’t I?”

“You have this tendency to jump in and try to fix everything yourself, hmmmm?”.

“Yeah, but I’m good at finding solutions to problems. Of course my solutions may not always be perfect, but at least I try.”

“Yes, you do, and it’s good to think things through, but you need to also take time to check in with me. I like being asked to assist in your life and I’m just waiting for an invitation from you to help you with solutions to your circumstances.”

“Yeah, I sort of know that. But sometimes I get so busy fixing things I just plain forget to let you be a part of things. Forgive me for being so sure I have the answers all the time. And please, lend a hand. You’re always welcome here in this life to help solve its problems. Even my big ones. Thanks for the reminder that all my life belongs to you not just a part. And thanks again for helping make yesterday turn into such a cool lesson. Oh, yes, and thanks. Just because. And by the way the knee didn't hurt so much today. Thanks for that, too. Actually, thanks for all you do... and thanks for taking part in my life today."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home